Using PowerPoint in church is almost a necessary thing these days. People have come to rely on the power of the visual when engaging in worship or teaching. But how do you use the power of digital media without wasting a whole bunch of time on it? Here’s your guide.
- Use looping welcome videos before the service. There’s nothing as easy as dropping a video loop in your PowerPoint display, and letting it loop. The welcome video provides a warm welcome while at the same time, displaying a professional appearance. Best of all, it takes approximately 15 seconds to do. You can use ExaltNow to unleash the power of video in PowerPoint.
- Load song lyrics automatically in PowerPoint without having to type them in or copy and paste. If you are using ExaltNow, be sure to use SongSelect, which automatically connects to your CCLI account. You can drop in entire songs with just a couple clicks. Now that saves time.
- Use templates; don’t design from scratch. You may have a penchant to be a graphic designer, but let’s face it. Designing a PowerPoint takes a ton of time. To save literally hours, use a pre-made template from Sharefaith’s PowerPoint library. Most of these already have announcement slides (minus the announcements), benediction slides, and title slides already made for you. Talk about saving time!
- Ask for volunteers to help you. There may be some people who are willing to prepare your PowerPoints for you. Give them something to do for the church. They make have more time to do so, and may even do a better job.
- Don’t overdo it. You don’t have to put a slide for every single statement you make in a service, nor do you have to have a complete PowerPoint display for every event. Use it in moderation. This will save you time, and will prevent people from becoming bored by the excessive PowerPoint usage.
PowerPoint is a tool, so it ought not be your slave. If you’re using too much time working with your PowerPoint, you’re probably doing something wrong. Use ExaltNow, the simple plugin that saves a lot of time.