You’ve probably been blown away with ExaltNow’s ability to instantly add lyrics from the CCLI SongSelect database. It’s pretty amazing, considering that you used to copy/paste those lyrics by hand! But suppose you want to use a video background for some custom lyrics. Sure, the SongSelect database has nearly all Christian lyrics, but if you wrote your own unpublished song or want to add custom text, here’s how to do it.
How to Add Custom Lyrics With Video Background
- Add your video loop to the first slide
- Next, insert a new blank slide below the first one.
- On this second slide, add and format your custom text.
- Continue adding slides and text on subsequent slides.
- Select all slides. First click on the video slide, hold down the shift key, and click the final slide.
- Click the “Group Video Slides” button on the ExaltNow tab. Presto!
Instantly, you’re set with a continually looping video background for your selected slides.
More Cool Things to Do with the Group Video Slides
- The video background isn’t just for songs and lyrics. You can use the Group Video Slides to place a video background behind announcement slides, Scripture passages, or even your sermon notes.
- Remember, if you’d like to change the video background, simply insert a new video loop on a blank slide. Then, add all the lyric/text slides on blank slides. Finally, select all the slides to appear with that video background, and click “Group Video Slides.”
- Here’s an idea. Maybe you want the video to continue looping, say between songs or during an interlude, but you don’t want any text on the screen. Simply insert a blank slide between the songs to make it easy for you.